Spring has officially sprung! From the blooming flowers to the chirping birds, there’s just something about spring that rejuvenates the soul. After being cooped up indoors over the winter, those of all ages look forward to getting outside to enjoy some of that warmth and sunshine.
The Best Spring Activities for Seniors
There’s no better way to welcome the spring and warmer temperatures than by heading outdoors for some enriching activities. It’s time to reengage in life and spend some quality time with others, reconnecting with those you may not have been in contact with as much throughout the winter. Studies indicate that social interactions are key to a higher quality of life, boosting your mood, improving your memory and cognition and even reducing your risk for chronic conditions like osteoporosis.
Looking for some spring activities that will boost your social wellness? We have five suggestions to get you involved socially while enjoying the warmer weather:
- Take a hike. Enjoy a day spent in nature by heading out for an invigorating hike with some friends. With Glacier National Park, named as the best place to backpack in the United States, just down the road from our senior living community, it’s easy to find a variety of hiking trails to suit all interests and abilities.
- Do some gardening. Plant some color in your yard, flowerboxes or pots to add some vibrancy to your daily view. You can consider joining a gardening club, or simply have the grandkids over for a day of getting their hands dirty in the soil with you.
- Get help with some spring cleaning tasks. Spring is also the perfect time to dive into some deep cleaning and organization tasks. There’s a good chance you’ve been storing items you haven’t used in years, and it’s time to go through them to do some purging. Invite your children or friends over to help you sort through belongings and make decisions about what to keep, what to donate, what to sell or what to designate to family members. There could be items your family has been coveting for a long time that you can easily hand over to them, freeing up some precious storage space in your home.
- Eat a meal out on a patio. There’s nothing quite like dining al fresco, enjoying a delicious meal while the sun is shining bright and the breeze blows through your hair. Gather some friends and have lunch or dinner on the patio at your favorite local restaurant this spring.
- Visit a botanical garden. Take in nature in all its full glory by touring a botanical garden this spring. Right here in Kalispell, you can head to Bibler Gardens for any of their spring events, including guided tours of the spectacular gardens and the beautifully-preserved home.
Social Opportunities for a Vibrant Lifestyle at Immanuel Lutheran Communities
Residents of Immanuel Lutheran Communities enjoy a variety of social activities and events year-round. We offer affordable living with beautiful vistas and outdoor fun, including cultural and social opportunities regularly to keep you living your best life. Learn more about vibrant senior living in Kalispell at Immanuel Lutheran Communities by contacting us today.